Saturday, January 3, 2015

Neni Girl's Request.

A week ago, Rhoda informed me that our Neni Girl, Larraine, wants to ask me a question.  If I will allow her to have straight hair.  I knew since she was 5 years old.  Larraine wanted to have straight her like her mommy and her Tita Rizza.  I, on the other hand, enjoy seeking my Neni with her curly black hair.  She is beautiful with her curly hair.  

I remember a moment several years back that Rhoda told me when Larraine was still 5 or 6 years old.  One day after taking a shower, Larraine had combed her hair out making her curly hair straight.  She asked her mommy if she can take her picture to show me, that she has straight hair.  Taking the picture had taken longer than necessary, in the mean time, Larraine's hair had dried and became curly again.  She was upset.  I laughed when Rhoda told me the story. 

So this evening, I asked my Neni Girl, what question did she want to ask me.  She told me wait, went out the room, then came back in.  She asked, "Daddy, may I have straight hair?"  We discussed it for about a minute.  I knew since ever since, she's always wanted straight hair.  I had already made my decision last week after Rhoda told me about it.  I just waited for the time when we're alone. 

So after the torturous seconds of having Larraine patiently wait.  I said, "Yes". 

No comments:

Post a Comment