Thursday, November 13, 2014

Not yet time

Veteran's Day came and went yesterday.  It was good to see a lot of Vets posting their military service pictures on facebook.  Better yet was the support they were getting from their family and friends.  That was awesome.  It felt really good to see that.  

The day before, I had made plans of Veteran's Day.  Where I was going to eat breakfast.  Going to a funeral.  Attend the Veteran's Day Ceremony at Adelupe.  Going to Applebee's for lunch.  Watch a movie.  Dinner at Capricciosa.  It was to be an eventful day.  It has been years since I've been to the Veteran's Day Ceremony. 

Veteran's Day, I got up early.  Checked my email and messages.  Checked and fed the animals.  Got my haircut. Then got ready to head out.  It wasn't until I saw that familiar chocolate chip desert BDU in my closet.  Out of curiosity, I pulled it out to look at it again.  Looking at the familiar hand sewn Sergeant rank insignia on the collar.  No unit insignia.  This was the uniform that I had worn on the flight to Saudi Arabia.  We didn't know what we were getting into or where we were actually going.  So our uniforms were sterile except for rank, that we hand sewn on the flight from Ft. Bragg to Germany. Inspecting the uniform slowly, first the shirt, then the trousers. seeing T4983 on the inside.  It's amazing how a set of clothing brings back so much memories from the sandbox.  

Unfortunately, after reliving the memories, I just stayed home. 

I'm okay...just needed time.  


ESTA

Keep Smiling

No comments:

Post a Comment