Monday, August 27, 2012

Post Op Recovery

My left hand is doing a lot better. I am typing normally now. Unlike, a couple of days ago, I was doing the one hand-two finger typing with my right hand. My finger tips of my left hand are still numb. Doc says, it'll be like that for a couple of weeks. But feeling to my whole hand is back. Haven't taken any pain meds this morning, so the pain is there but really slight. I mean, I'm typing even with the pain. Yesterday, I gave myself a scare. Made a stupid decision to work Camera 4 during the morning service. I should have sat out and rested. Bur for some reason, I decided I was good enough to return. Yesterday afternoon, my left hand was in terrible pain. Even with 800 mg of pain meds to counter the pain I was feeling, I wanted to head to the ER to get it looked at. I waited it out. I reasoned with myself that if it was still really sore this morning then I'll head in to see the doc. But waking up this morning...no pain. My first thought was...did my hand fall off?! I couldn't feel it. Nope...it was still there attached to my wrist. As I tried to shake the sleepiness from my eyes. It was my right hand that was in pain...must've slept on it during the night. My 2 year old son, Frenz, freaked out the other night while chatting with Rhoda via Webcam. I had waved to him with my right hand. He exclaimed to his mommy that daddy's hand is completely healed. There is nothing there, like before. He didn't realize that I waved with my right hand and not my left. He and his sister, told me the night after my surgery that I'm healed. I'll be okay. I'm claiming that healing! ESTA

1 comment: