Sunday, April 27, 2014

SAFETY IS 24/7!!!

Got a call from one of my Contractor Clients this morning.  Apparently, they have a crew working this morning at a job site.  NAVFAC Safety drove right by their job site and noticed that the crew was not wearing PPE.  He pulled over, took some pictures, and talked with the supervisor. 

The call came in a few minutes ago from the corporate safety, asking me to intercept since I know the NAVFAC Safety Inspector.  Before I committed to that request.  I asked several questions:

Is that job authorized for today, It's Sunday today?

Yes, I am sure it is, but I will confirm authorization for today.  

Why was the crew not in PPE? 

The supervisor thought they didn't have to be in PPE because it's Sunday.  

What job is this? 

Fencing project. 

Where is the job site?

Central

How many involved?

3 or 4 workers including supervisor.  I'll confirm number


After hearing the story and asking several questions, I gave instructions on what shall be done before I even consider intercepting this issue.

  1. I want the Supervisor written up.  
  2. I want the crew to go through a Safety Stand Down regarding PPE and the Standard, EM 385-1-1, Section 5 Personal Protection Equipment. 
  3. I need pictures of the unserviceable PPE that was confiscated from the workers and the new PPE issued to those workers. 
  4. I need all documentation emailed to me no later than 0700 hours tomorrow morning. 

I accepted the request.  NO Promises, NO Guarantees that they get off.

I hope the contractor client knows that I'm going to send them a huge invoice for this issue.







No comments:

Post a Comment