Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Goalsetting

It's that time of year again.  Reviewing last year's goals and setting goals for 2014.  Looking back the last year, 2013,  I accomplished so many goals.  Amazing what Jesus can do when you put Him first, especially putting Him first in my life.

2014 is a new slate.  Starting fresh again, and setting up new goals.  This year, it will be different from last year.  Last year, I only had goals set for myself while being in Guam.  This year, after talking to Rhoda, not only are we setting goals for me and our interests in Guam.  We're adding in Butuan City and Cagayan De Oro to the list.  I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Some have asked me what goals do I usually set for myself.  I have always used the following categories:

  1. Spiritual
  2. Family
  3. Career
  4. Education
  5. Hobby/Skill

You can break down the above topics to sub-topics to further define your goal settings with each main topic.  You just have to remember goal setting is flexible and done at your own pace.  Should you have someone to keep you accountable.  Yes, you should.  I do.  Normally, I ask a close friend to keep me in check.  Or, you can ask a mentor.

I used to post my goals on my blogs a couple of years ago.  I have stopped doing that the last two years.  A mentor expressed that goal setting is private.  It's for me to know and whoever I've chosen to keep me accountable.  Opening up my goals to the public, especially to those who want to see me fail. Actually, sets me up for failure or harassment from my distractors. And since, I've stopped openly posting my goals.  I have not received any discouragements from anyone.

So I'm going to get busy writing up my new goals for 2014.

Laters.



Keep Smiling :)






No comments:

Post a Comment