Sunday, December 15, 2013

Need more time for Me.

I'm looking forward to getting off the island for a couple of weeks to spend time with Rhoda and our kids.  It's been too long.  I'm seriously thinking of making some changes in relation to careers.  Rhoda and I will have to sit down and discuss the future opportunities that are before us.  Should we stay or should we go??? 

I've been looking over a lot of my goals for this year.  I accomplished a lot.  Some goals are just better than others.  For the others, I'll have to commitment better to make those goals successful.  I'm really glad for much of the accomplishments. 

One thing I've relearned is not to overwhelm myself with opportunities.  There are times, when I have to say no.  I understand they need help for one reason or another.  But I cannot keep jumping and putting out fires.  Their emergency does not constitute an emergency on my part.  I have other obligations to fulfill first.  The biggest and foremost is ME. 

The last four months was a challenge.  I believed I could do it.  But two weeks into my new work schedule, I realized that I'm no spring chicken any more.  I'm a 120 pounds over  my former military physique.  I do not run marathons anymore.  I'm no longer in the 300 club.  I no longer run 4 or 5 minute miles.  The last time,  I timed a mile was 45 minutes.  And that was walking.  I have to remind myself that I'm in my mid 40's.  People in my age group are grandparents.  Okay, so I started my family late.  Sue me. 

So I am glad the semester is over!  No more 3 evening class schedules over the week and my own clientele's training requirements.  It was an honor to teach many of my students.  I hope they take what they were taught in the classroom and apply it in the field.  But being a Site Safety, I know not many of the students will be able to apply that knowledge nor share it.  Their companies push production more than safety. 


ESTA



KEEP SMILING :)  







No comments:

Post a Comment